Download WeChat for PC: If you are a fan of instant messaging apps that will connect you to stay in touch with your friends, then you might have heard about WeChat as well. It is a really great app that offers a lot more than just messaging so that you can convey your message to your friends more effectively. So today we are going to provide you a way using which you can download WeChat for PC which is considered as a really good Android app that lets you chat with your friends and stay in touch with them all the time.
Chatting apps really help you stay connected with your friends, family and colleagues. The more feature heavy the app is, the more complicated it gets. So, many people prefer simple chatting apps with minimum features. WhatsApp for PC and Viber for PC are two chatting apps that gained popularity because of their simple design. WeChat App for PC is the latest edition to chatting apps which is gaining popularity for it’s emoticons, video calling features and more. WeChat is also the most used chatting platform in many countries of Asia.
WeChat for PC, Laptop
WeChat is a really cool app with the help of which you can chat with friends and stay connected with them all the time. The only thing you need to use WeChat is a working Internet connection and an Android smartphone, of course. But what if you don’t own an Android smartphone? Now you don’t have to worry about that as you can follow this article and download WeChat for PC and install it easily just like any other Android apps for PC. But first let’s take a look at it’s best features and what the App has to offer than other messaging apps.
WeChat has a load of cool features that are both easy to use and user friendly. The app interface mostly targets youth and the UI(User Interface) is appealing to everyone.
- Group Chat : You can create a group chat with up to 500 people and video calls with up to 9 people
- WeChat calls : Call up to any mobile networks, landlines in your state or anywhere in the world for low costs
- Multimedia messaging : Send any type of file to your contacts including pdf, docs.
- Free Voice and Video calls : Call anywhere in the world for free with just an internet connection and WeChat app
- Photo Stream : Share your personal moments with your loved ones with the ‘Moments’ feature
- Location Sharing : Share your location with your friends in need of an emergency
- Realtime friends : Find new friends near you using WeChat by ‘Shake’ feature
- Supports 20 localized languages that can be useful to translate messages or change App default language
- Create a Desktop app, Custom Backgrounds, Custom Wallpapers, Custom Notifications
- Create an Official WeChat account to transfer your data on any device
WeChat is a simple app that will run on most of the Android phones and computers but it’s advanced features will need some requirements.
Required OS : Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
RAM : 1 GB minimum
Graphics : 512 MB or higher
Hardware : Webcam, Keyboard, Mouse
Storage : 200 MB for free space
Sound Card : DirectX 9.0 or higher
However, if you don’t know your system requirements you may try to install WeChat for PC by below method because all computers and laptops are equipped with the above basic requirements.
Download WeChat for Windows PC, Laptop
WeChat is one of the best chat app for Android and it has been downloaded more than 50 million times from Google Play Store. This download numbers is enough to see the popularity of the application and so you should not worry about it.
How to install WeChat on PC?
There are two methods to use WeChat on PC. One is by using an android emulator and install the app on your PC/laptop. Another method is by using WeChat Web – a feature introduced by WeChat team for PC and laptop users. Read the below tutorial for the two methods and decide for yourself.
Method 1 : Install WeChat with BlueStacks
To install WeChat on your computer, you must follow the steps properly as I mention them below. Follow them properly and you will have WeChat installed on your PC in no time.
- First of all, download WeChat APK.
- Next you need an Android emulator to run the Android apps on your PC. So you need to download BlueStacks App Player on your computer.
- Once downloaded, install BlueStacks on your computer.
- If you have already downloaded the APK file separately, then go there and install it through BlueStacks and it will be installed on your PC.
- If you don’t have an APK file, then open BlueStacks and type in WeChat in the search box and from the search results, install WeChat on your PC by clicking on it.
- Thats it! You have successfully installed WeChat for PC.
Method 2 : WeChat for Web
This method is only applicable if you already have an android smartphone with WeChat app in it. So, for whatever reason if you want use WeChat for PC, follow this method.
To use all the features of WeChat directly on PC without any software, go to web.wechat.com from your computer browser. You will find a QR code on the homepage there. Now, open WeChat on your mobile and go to options at the top of the screen and select WeChat Web. A camera with scanner will open and scan the QR code on your computer with your mobile. This will log you in to your WeChat account and you can use WeChat on your PC/Laptop as long as there is a working internet connection.
What’s New in WeChat App for PC?
- When you are using WeChat on your PC, you will be able to tell about the awesomeness of this app by the features it brings with it. Some of the features of this cool app are mentioned below.
- Instant messaging in group chats.
- Support for beautiful smileys.
- Crystal clear voice calls as well as video calls.
- With it, you can send photos and videos to your friends with a click.
Is WeChat Recommended?
Now that you know of a way to download WeChat for computer, I want to know whether you are going to download it on your computer or not? We all know that Whatsapp is a really good instant messaging app that is used by almost everyone, you can even use WeChat along with it as there are many people out there who are using WeChat and even making a permanent switch from Whatsapp to WeChat.
So you must give WeChat a try and see for yourself how it goes. If you don’t own an Android smartphone, you can still download WeChat for PC and install it on your computer and use it from there.
If you liked the article then do share it with your friends who might find it useful and they too can download WeChat for PC and start using it and stay connected with you always. If you liked the article, then do share it with your friends as well.
Visit appsforpc.org to download more free apps for PC.