Hotstar for PC: If you already own a mobile, you’d have already known about Hotstar app. Hotstar is the new entertainment hub for Indian mobile users as it streams live sports and TV shows for free. There are two versions in Hotstar app, the free one and a premium one. With premium subscription, you can eliminate the waiting time and also watch Premium English TV series for free.
Hotstar is popular in whole India as it streams TV channels and movies in all 28 languages. To get all these Android Entertainment apps on your PC, you must install Hotstar for PC. Although you can use Hotstar from a PC browser, it is not still the same as the feeling of using in App.
You can download Hotstar for Windows Xp, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 versions. This means you can use Hotstar on any of your PC/Laptop irrespective of your operating system. Read the installation process and download Hotstar for PC below.
- 1 Hotstar for PC, Laptop
- 1.1 Method 1: Installing with BlueStacks
- 1.2 Method 2: Install Hotstar without BlueStacks
- 1.3 Method 3: Installing Hotstar with ARC Welder
The interface of Hotstar app is same on Android app and Windows app. Enjoy these features on your Hotstar PC/Laptop:
- Watch Latest movies and popular movies for free.
- No need of Sign in to watch free content.
- Stream live cricket, hockey, ISL, Badminton etc.
- Watch in 720p and 1080p HD resolutions.
- Supports around 28 languages with different section for each language.
- Pay for Hotstar premium and get free English movies and TV series.
Hotstar for PC, Laptop
There are three methods that you can download Hotstar app for PC. As Hotstar is a streaming app, internet connection will be needed while using Hotstar. The below three methods are simple and free.
Method 1: Installing with BlueStacks
It is 2017 and yet, installing Android apps with BlueStacks has been by far the best method till date. Many Windows users prefer using BlueStacks and as BlueStacks got updated to 2.0, most bugs have been fixed. Follow the steps below to install Hotstar APK for PC and install Hotstar via Google Play Store.
Install Hotstar on PC via Google Play Store
- Download BlueStacks from the official website. (www.bluestacks.com)
- After downloading, ‘Accept’ all Terms and Conditions and click on Install. It will take around 10-15 mins for Bluestacks to be installed.
- After installation, click on the search icon on the homepage.
- Search for ‘Hotstar’ and click on the link with Google Play Store.
- Click on ‘Install’ and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Hotstar will be installed within 5 minutes on your PC, Laptop.
Install Hotstar APK on PC Laptop
- Download Hotstar APK.
- Install BlueStacks by following the above method.
- Open BlueStacks and click on upload APK file.
- Upload the downloaded APK file and click on install.
- Hotstar will be installed within a few minutes on your Windows PC or Laptop.
Method 2: Install Hotstar without BlueStacks
As we all know, BlueStacks is a heavy app that can slow down with heavy usage. Many people prefer using BlueStacks and many people also don’t like BlueStacks 2.0. If you are one of them, here are few alternatives to using BlueStacks for your Windows Computer.
Install Hotstar via YouWave
YouWave is also an Android emulator that is compatible with all versions of Windows PC and Laptops. If you are not a fan of BlueStacks, you can also use YouWave as an alternative. The installation process is same for both BlueStacks and YouWave.
- Download YouWave for Windows from official website. (www.youwave.com/download/)
- Install the android emulator for free after downloading.
- Open YouWave and search for Hotstar from the search bar.
- Sign in to Gmail and install Hotstar for PC.
Use Hotstar with PC Internet browsers (Chrome, Mozilla etc.)
Almost everyone have a PC/Laptop now a days. As you will have a browser by default, you can directly watch Hotstar from your browser. To stream cricket or watch TV shows,
- Open hotstar.com from your Internet browsers like Chrome, Opera Mini for PC, Mozilla Firefox.
- From the Menu, select the TV Show/Movie/Game you want to watch.
- Click on the Play icon after the page opens.
- The playing speed will depend on your internet connection. Switch to HD mode from settings.
If Hotstar isn’t playing by default, go to ‘view site information’ setting beside the URL. Change Flash settings to ‘Always allow’. Now refresh the page to start streaming. You can also watch Hotstar from your Android mobile with the help of UC Browser.
Method 3: Installing Hotstar with ARC Welder
If you’ve never heard of ARC Welder, don’t worry because it is a new Chrome extension that is being used to install Android apps directly on Google Chrome. To use this method, you must have Google Chrome browser with Internet connection. ARC means ‘App runtime for Chrome’ and is an official product of Google to allow running Android apps directly on Chrome.
- Download Arc Welder Extension from Chrome Store.
- Click on ‘Add to Chrome’ to install the extension.
- Now download Hotstar APK from above and upload to ARC Welder from Chrome browser.
- Now click ‘Install’.
- Click on ARC Welder chrome extension to use Hotstar on Chrome OS.
Note: ARC is still in Beta and may or may not perfectly with heavy apps.
These are the only valid methods to download Hotstar for PC. If you have any more methods, please comment below. Also, bookmark our website and visit us to download more apps for PC with Android and Windows Tutorials.
Visits appsforpc.org to download more Live TV android apps.